- Saturday 15th Jul 2017 18:30 - 18:30 EST
- Club event
- Bush Long, Bush Short, Bush Short Short, Urban Plus
- Punching system
- Event form
- Totally Tropical Orienteering Club
- Contact phone
- Contact email
James Cook University Night-O
Saturday 15 July 2017
Mingela has been conquired - so now it's time to show us your style in a traditional Cross-Country event at NIGHT. Linda is your course setter and she's been told to be nice !! ... So lets step out of your comfort zone, grab a mate or two and take on a course at JCU !!
* Courses Start times will be between 6.30pm and 7.45pm
* No starts before full darkness, so bring your headlamp !!
* Course Closure is 9pm ... ie be back before then !!
* SHORT BUSH - all CP's will be in the scrub, lots of handrails and features to help you out (moderate standard navigation)
* URBAN - easier navigation unless you get your buildings mixed up with trees !!! All the CP's will be around the Urban areas of JCU This one is suitable for those with prams and scooters.
* LONG BUSH - all CP's will be in the scrub, less handrails and features to help you out than in the Bush Short Course (difficult standard navigation)
* Do not take on the Bush LONG unless your navigation is solid n you can arrive early in the start window !!!!
* James Cook University
* Start-Finish .... right in the middle of the ring road towards the south-western end you will find the Refectory Car Park ... keep an eye out for signs and flags (as you come into the Uni head anti-clockwise around the ring road, look for carpark entrance on the left)
* Suggest long pants or shorts and gaiters (to stop the chonkies), water-carrying ability optional (lots of water at start-finish and odd bubblers around the course), comfortable runners / boots and a TORCH or HEADLAMP per person
* If you own a compass and whistle ... bring it along
* We will have compasses, whistles, maps, water and softies at the start-finish.
* $8 per person and $15 for a family
Events are updated from the Eventor website once every 8 hours.
Event last updated: August 14, 2017 10:13am