OQ Memberships 2022 ( Note: memberships run on the calendar year)
From November 1,2022, Orienteering Queensland has simplified its membership fee structure, and reduced fees significantly for individual members.
Why join Orienteering Queensland?
Make friends - share experiences - belong to a club! When you join Orienteering Queensland, you receive free membership of the club of your choice.
- Join to participate - save on event entry fees and compete for points and awards.
- Join to stay in touch - being a member is a great way to meet people and keep up with news and coming events.
- Join to learn new skills - OQ offers coaching, training, and the chance to get involved in mapping, course setting, or organising events.
- Join to belong - we wear our distinctive club shirts with pride!
- Join to travel - team up with clubmates and head interstate or overseas to orienteer!
- Member discounts on entry fees at all events except fixed price Council sponsored events.
- Receive reciprocal rights interstate and overseas (including discounts on event entry fees).
- Participate in free training, coaching and club social activities.
- Compete for points and prizes in Orienteer of the Year and Rider of the Year events. Participate in Club Relays. Be eligible to receive awards.
- Be eligible to represent Queensland and Australia at national and international competitions.
- Receive the quarterly Australian Orienteer magazine (hard copy or digital).
- Be eligible to vote at Orienteering Queensland general meetings and at Club meetings.
How to join
New member - Individual: (1) Choose which club you would like to join; (2) Create an Eventor account (fill in your details, nominate th state association (OQ),nominate your club, and make payment straight away to Orienteering Qld using PayPal or credit card via Paypal.All membership fees are paid to OQ. Step-by-step guide here.
NOTE: To become a member, you must select a CLUB.This gives you full member benefits at the membership prices listed below.If you join "Casuals QLD", you will NOT be a member and NOT receive member discounts. Casuals QLD is free, but only allows you to enter events online at the non-member entry rate.
Do not join Casuals QLD as well as a Club at the same time, as this will cause problems with your membership status.
NOTE: Membership fees must be paid within 48 hours for the membership to remain active.Contact the membership officer straight away if the Paypal/Credit card option is a problem and you require another payment method.
NOTE: You can convert from a casual to a full membership at a late time. Contact the membership Officer first before you do so, as an adjustment needs to be made to your casual membership before you do so.You then simply follow the step by step guide above from the point where you nominate to join a Club and complete Payment.
New members - Family: set up an individual account for each family member as above. You can use the same email address and password for multiple family members, as long as each person has their own username. You can put your family members together in a "family group" at the club level only ( not at the state OQ level).You can then enjoy family discount entry fees if offered at events. NOTE: this doesn't apply to Casual Qld profiles.
NOTE: Every family member must have an individual OQ STATE membership as well as an individual CLUB membership set up.The membership fees must be paid to OQ for each member ( this can be combined under one Purchase order.Contact the Membership officer to do this for you before you pay,if preferred).Also,the family members can be collected under the one family group at the club level, not at the State OQ level.
If you have problems getting your family registered for the first time, contact the membership officer at email@example.com for assistance.
Renewing member - Individual: (1) Log in to Eventor; (2) select My pages, My memberships, (3) select "Renew" next to your 2021 club membership.
Renewing member - Family: (1) Log in to Eventor; (2) select My pages, My memberships; (3) select "Renew" next to your 2021 club membership; (4) Renew each family member individually at the OQ state level;(5) select 'Family Membership' and 'new group' to create your family group at the club level, and add each family member into your group as you proceed. Refer to the Step-by-step guide. Contact the membership officer if you need help.
Membership types and fees for 2022 (Fees valid from Nov 1 2021 to Oct 31,2022)
All members 18 years and over are "senior members", that is, full members of OQ with voting rights, however OQ offers discounts to several member types:
2022 Membership Feesavailable from 1 Nov 2021
Member 21yrs+ (new or renewing)
An individual member aged 21 and over on 31 December 2022.
Member 20yrs & under (new or renewing)
An individual member 20 yrs and under on 31 December 2022.
Discount Full Time Student 21 to 24yrs
Restricted to full time tertiary students aged 21 to 24 yrs on 31 December 2022.
Discount Rural & Remote Member 21yrs+
Restricted to members of the clubs TTQ, FNQ, & MKQ living in north Queensland, and members living more than 90 minutes' drive from an active Orienteering Club.
- Memberships applied for are subject to OQ Management approval.
- Memberships are valid for the current calendar year only, ending on December 31st, with the exception of memberships renewed after November 1st which will be valid until December 31st of the following year.
- Only members paying the non-discounted senior fee are eligible to receive a hard copy of the Australian Orienteer magazine, with a maximum of 1 copy per street address.
- Although family membership fees will no longer exist, family discounts will still apply for event entry fees.
WHAT DO YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEES PAY FOR?
All Membership fees include levies to Orienteering Australia (OA) and Orienteering Queensland (OQ) to cover costs of administration and public liability insurance policy. The insurance, currently held for $20 million, covers all members, landowners, organisers, and OQ from actions resulting from injury, loss or damage caused by negligence associated with an orienteering activity sanctioned by OQ. It does not provide insurance that covers personal injury while orienteering. Members are encouraged to consider personal accident insurance.
Australian Orienteering Magazine Options
Refer to the AO Magazine Options page