This summary gives an overview of:
- what information we collect
- how we use that information
- other key points about OQ and your information.
Information we collect
The main reasons OQ collects your information are described below. Note that at times OQ may request other information for a purpose stated at the time.
OQ collects your personal information, such as name, age, and contact information, when you join the association, when you register for an event, or when you are photographed participating at an event.
This information is used to conduct the general business of the association.
- Providing OQ and club information for members including the weekly bulletin.
- Distributing the Australian Orienteer magazine.
- Meeting funder obligations by reporting anonymous participation statistics.
- Simplifying online event registration.
- Event reporting including results.
- Statistics for the purpose of running OQ.
When you use the OQ website, a range of information is recorded about your visit. This includes
- the IP address of the computer or device you are using,
- the date and time of your visit,
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded,
- the name and version of the web browser used and screen resolution of your device,
- the referring page (i.e., the last page visited before entering the OQ site).
Website usage information is used only for anonymous statistical purposes to assist with the improvement of the website.
Information we share
OQ will not share your private information with any third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- When OQ has sought and received your consent to share specific information.
- Providing your membership information to your nominated club.
- Providing participant information from the online event registration system to the organising clubs to enable them to conduct events.
- When legally required to do so, e.g., as part of a police investigation.
- Third parties contracted to provide services to OQ will have access to information to assist them to provide these services but only non-identifying information unless otherwise impractical.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Membership information, including casual memberships, can be viewed and updated via the website or by contacting the Secretary.
Your preference for allowing OQ to publish your name, age group and image in event news and results can be updated in your membership profile on the OQ website.
For more information please contact the Secretary.