Orienteering Queensland Volunteer Rewards Scheme
The Orienteering Queensland Reward Scheme offers OQ members volunteering at events the opportunity to claim a specially designed Orienteering Queensland running shirt (see design below). The scheme operates on a four-tier points scheme from which members can accumulate points.
Tier 4 (60 points):
- Organiser, course planner or controller for foot long distance championships, foot middle distance championships or Schools Championships (all at state or national level)
- Course planner or controller for OY bush event with significant travel (more than 2 hours from home)
- Organiser, course planner or controller MTBO championships
Tier 3 (40 points)
- Course planner, controller or organiser for foot sprint championships
- Course planner or controller for OY bush event (less than 2 hours travel)
- Organiser for OY bush event
- Course planner, controller or organiser for MTBO State Series
Tier 2 (20 points)
- Course planner, controller or organiser for club event or OY sprint event
- Helper involving pre-event preparation and on-the-day help for a championship event
- Course planner, controller or organiser for club MTBO event
Tier 1 (10 points)
- Assistance in running an event involving a minimum of 1-hour assistance before, during or after an event
- Volunteers may make only one claim for each event (single day or multiday event) in which they volunteer.
- Participants are required to keep their own record of volunteering.
- A claim can be made once 100 points have been accumulated (over any time period).
- Points can be claimed for any event from January 1, 2023.
- OQ members who volunteer for events that fall outside these guidelines should contact the OQ Technical Officer for a ruling on the points that should be awarded.
- The initial operating period for the scheme is for two years (until December 31, 2024). The OQ Management Committee will evaluate the scheme in the second half of 2024 and advise of the continuation of the scheme beyond the end of 2024.
Making a claim
Upon accumulating sufficient points, volunteers should complete the claim form and send to OQ at the address listed on the form.
Note that points cannot be carried over for a future claim.