- Wednesday 03rd Jun 2020 00:00 - 00:00 EST
- Club event
- This event has no classes
- Event form
- Orienteering Queensland
Ready for another challenge?
Use the attached map to find the wrecks in WHITES HILL RESERVE. Run either the LONG course (visit all 9 circled wrecks, approx 6-8 km depending on route) or the SHORT course (visit any 5 wrecks, approx. 3 km).
Challenge 1: Plan your course
- download the PDF map on this page and locate the Start/Finish (south side of toilet block near car park)
- decide the order in which you will visit the wrecks
- you must finish where you started
Challenge 2: Run/walk the course any day, any time.
- Please respect the current COVID-19 restrictions and other users of the reserve
- Use the MapRunF app on your smartphone (see links on this page). Enter your name & details
- Select event: Queensland/Brisbane South/Training
- "Go to Start"
- Make sure you get a beep at the start.
- Your phone will beep within a few metres of each wreck. For fairness, make the effort to find and touch the wreck with your foot :)
- Your course ends when your phone beeps at the finish (where you started).
- Your result will upload automatically if you are using data. Otherwise, choose "manual upload" later, when you are connected to wifi.
• There are other man-made features marked with a black cross on the map (seats, random junk)
• One of the wrecks is an old metal topped shelter (#33)
[Enjoy this? Try the Wrecks Challenge #1 Toohey Forest - see link below.]
Events are updated from the Eventor website once every 8 hours.
Event last updated: June 07, 2020 02:00pm