- Thursday 21st May 2020 00:00 - 00:00 EST
- Club event
- This event has no classes
- Event form
- Orienteering Queensland
**Start A and Start B were swapped around in the Map to Print available until 21 May. This has now been corrected in Map to Print 2.**
With the easing of COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are offering a socially-distanced forest orienteering challenge that you can do anytime.
Use the attached map to find the car wrecks in Toohey Forest. Run either the LONG course (visit all 8 wrecks, approx 9 km total) or the SHORT course (visit any 4 wrecks, from 3.5 km total). FREE EVENT.
Challenge 1: Plan your course
- download the PDF map on this page and locate the 8 car wrecks (shown as a black "x") on the map. (If you can't find them, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a marked-up map)
- choose Start A (Lowndes St, Salisbury) or Start B (Isabella St, Tarragindi)
- decide the order in which to visit the controls
- you must finish where you started
Challenge 2: Run/walk the course any day, any time.
- Respect the current COVID-19 restrictions and please respect other users of the forest!
- Use the MapRunF app on your smartphone (see links on this page). Enter your name & details
- Select event: Queensland/Brisbane South/Training
- "Go to Start" and type in the PIN number (see below)
- Make sure you get a beep at the start.
- Your phone will beep within a few metres of each wreck. For fairness, make the effort to find and touch the wreck with your foot :)
- Your course ends when your phone beeps at the finish (where you started).
- Your result will upload automatically if you are using data. Otherwise, choose "manual upload" later, when you are connected to wifi.
- Long Start A - TF Wrecks A - PIN 7971
- Long Start B - TF Wrecks B - PIN 6831
- Short Start A - TF Wrecks A (4 from 8) - PIN 2862
- Short Start B - TF Wrecks B (4 from 8) - PIN 9862
Events are updated from the Eventor website once every 8 hours.
Event last updated: May 21, 2020 10:00pm