What a fantastic weekend of orienteering up at Kingaroy for the QLD Long Distance Championships. Braving two hot and windy days, over 100 orienteers competed on the beautiful 'Minmore' map at Reedy Creek.
Included in that number were orienteers from a wide range of ages and several interstate competitors competing over across 12 different courses ranging from 2.4 to 13.2km.
Some interesting statistics
- Biggest winning margin: Cassy Reinbott (12A) who won by a combined total of 33 minutes
- Smallest winning margin: Jacqui Rand won by a mere 1:25min over second place getter Lynda Rapkins
- Most heavily competed age group: M65A with 13 participants
- Longest time out on the course and winner of the Perseverance Cup: Jo Wilson (Dunedin) 4hrs in total on the course over the two days of competition.
- Elite Winners: W21E: Krystal Neumann; M21E: Simeon Burrill
A very big thank you to the team from Enoggeroos for hosting this year's carnival. A special thanks to Brendan Henry, Jo Garbellini, Tony Bryant and Tim McIntyre (UG) for their organization and commitment to making the championships a huge success and a weekend of spectacular orienteering for all.