Ever thought of trying your hand at the skill of mapping?
While you're waiting to get back into orienteering, you might have time to try your hand at drawing maps.
- Receive mentoring from experienced mappers
- Any OQ member can have a goUse free Open Mapper: https://www.openorienteering.org/
Use online resources to research the task, with a pool of mentors to support
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oomapper
Participate in a series of activities such as:
- Make a copy of an existing map
- Prepare a georeferenced google map image for commencing a map of your school / a school
- Map your home
- Map a favourite park
- Test your map for a simple course with 5 - 10 controls, start and finish
- This can be done in isolation, but with online interaction between mentors and participants
- Experienced mentors to help
Interested? Contact Gordon - email@example.com / 0412 776 876